Unification minister to visit Britain, Germany
简介Unification Minister Kim Yung-ho will embark on a weeklong trip to Britain and Germany this week for ...
Unification Minister Kim Yung-ho will embark on a weeklong trip to Britain and Germany this week for discussions on North Korea's denuclearization, its human rights conditions and unification, the ministry said Tuesday.
The seven-day trip will first bring Kim to Britain, where he will deliver a keynote speech at the Korea Global Forum, and discuss ways to cooperate with European countries on North Korea's denuclearization and human rights conditions.
In Germany, Kim will visit Hamburg to attend a ceremony marking the reunification of Germany in 1990 and meet government officials to gain support for Seoul's policy goal of building a reunified Korean Peninsula that is free and at peace.
In both countries, Kim will meet with North Korean defectors who have settled abroad.
Britain is home to one of the biggest communities in the West for defectors coming from the North, with 659 of 1,971 North Korean refugees living overseas based there, according to the data by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
Kim will also promote South Korea's bid to host the 2030 World Expo in the southeastern port city of Busan during his trip, the ministry said. (Yonhap)
The Moroccan Embassy emphasized the significance of administrative autonomy as a catalyst for develo ...
LG Electronics will make its official debut in the US electric vehicle charger market with its own s ...
KB Financial Group’s shareholders approved of Vice Chairman Yang Jong-hee's appointment as the ...
- Rental fraudster’s ‘luxury life’ sparks anger
- [Korea Quiz] Lucrative MLB careers
- Subway car seats to be removed in two subway cars for more space: Seoul Metro
- STX, Triple
- [Herald Interview] Journey to find her voice has brought Vittoria Yeo to peak performance
- SK chief calls on board members to help CEOs make balanced decisions
- Korea to set workplace harassment criteria: minister
- KT, Telkom join hands for Indonesia smart city project
- 악수 청한 윤 대통령에 김용민 “이제 그만두셔야죠”
- NK closes embassy in Spain after shutting down 2 missions in Africa
- AmCham delegation to visit Washington this week
- S. Korea, US, Japan stage first
- Eugene Group wins bid to acquire news channel YTN
- Looming election has Yoon advocating harder for everyday South Koreans
- Touting historic ties with Saudi Arabia, Yoon calls for new partnership for growth
- Lotte aquarium, activists battle over release of beluga whale
- Coway ramps up environmental protection
- Monk sentenced to 18 months for assaulting woman who refused sex
- Seventeen 1st male group this year to top Melon Top 100
- Samsung, Hyundai ink first EV battery deal
- Billlie opens a new world in 'Side
- Chinese restaurant ‘threatened’ by peers for free delivery
- Genesis BBQ opens 11th store in Vietnam
- Yoon's office denies hasty secretary sacking to hide truth
- [Today’s K
- 병역거부 대체복무자 첫 소집해제…1173명 전국 교정시설에
- Mirae Asset seeks generational change in leadership reshuffle
- Concerns grow over rise of fall webworm
- 'The Boys' director says blending fact, fiction necessary to deliver message
- S. Korea's rising problem: unemployed youth giving up on job searching