Seoul shares open higher on US gains after Fed comments
简介Seoul shares opened higher Wednesday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, buoyed by dovish comm ...
Seoul shares opened higher Wednesday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, buoyed by dovish comments on interest rates by Federal Reserve officials.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index rose 44.09 points, or 1.84 percent, to 2,446.67 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Overnight, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.4 percent to 33,739.30, and the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite gained 0.6 percent to 13,562.84.
Traders have expected another rate hike this year due to higher-than-expected US employment data in September.
But Fed officials have begun to acknowledge a lesser need for further rate hikes given the current economic conditions, analysts said.
But traders are keeping a close eye on developments in the Israel-Palestine conflict for cues in reorganizing their investment portfolios.
In Seoul, most large-cap stocks advanced.
Market bellwether Samsung Electronics Co. rose 2.6 percent, No. 2 chipmaker SK hynix Inc. climbed 2.9 percent, leading car battery maker LG Energy Solution jumped 4.1 percent and national flag carrier Korean Air Co. was up 1.5 percent.
Among decliners, leading wireless services provider SK Telecom Co. fell 0.6 percent, No. 3 refiner S-Oil Corp. declined 2.4 percent and the country's sole aircraft manufacturer Korea Aerospace Industries Co. shed 1.2 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,339.65 won against the US dollar at 9:15 a.m., up 9.85 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
AliExpress, an online direct purchase platform owned by Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group, is c ...
Marking the 140th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Korea and the United Kingdom, the two ...
LG Energy Solution, the nation’s top battery maker for electric vehicles, said Wednesday that its bo ...
Disability rights group lodges complaint with rights watchdog over leader's arrest
Story of first female leader of traveling entertainers reimagined
이재명 "가장 큰 문제는 오만, 몸가짐·마음가짐 철저 관리를"
Seoul shares almost flat after Fed minutes, Nvidia results
Cheong Wa Dae to open for winter night stroll event
이준석 "난 박근혜 키즈 넘어섰다…한동훈도 尹키즈 벗어나야"
- [Herald Interview] Saudi Arabia seeks to engage with world through Diriyah Contemporary Art Biennale
- 이준석, 유승민과 창당설에 “배제 안 한다…한다면 비례 신당은 아냐”
- 500 bird strikes reported in past 5 years: data
- Enhypen's 'Fate' tour draws 85,000 fans in the US
- AI Auction debuts tax consultant chatbot
- 4 North Koreans cross East Sea maritime border in first since 2019
- FNC to debut new boy band Ampers&One on Nov. 15
- Italian, Egyptian, Taiwanese, Japanese webtoonists to attend Busan Webtoon Festival
- 윤재옥 "이재명 '내각 총사퇴' 주장, 정쟁을 위한 도전장"
- S. Korea to complete LSD vaccinations by early Nov.: ministry
- [Herald Interview] Singer
- [From the scene] Eye
- [Photo News] AI, conventional painting come together
- Human rights commission urges Korea to abolish death penalty
- 尹대통령 지지율, 1.1%p 내린 38.9% [알앤써치]
- Disney+’s ‘Moving’ sweeps BIFF’s Asia Contents Awards & Global OTT Awards
- [Today’s K
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains; Israel
- 낙후된 골목시장 누비며 “화곡을 마곡으로 만들 것”
- Hyundai Motor chairman marks 3rd year of record earnings
- Posco Holdings recoups investment in Roy Hill after 13 years
- Uncertainties remain for Samsung, SK after US eases export controls
- Four days of jazz festivities take over Jara Island
- BIFF expands award categories beyond Asian content to global titles
- HIT forum on space to be held in Seoul
- LG Electronics ups Q3 earnings guidance on upbeat demand
- [Herald Review] Ive gives a sneak peek of new album, kicks off first world tour with Seoul gigs
- Seoul shares end lower amid conflict in Middle East
- Taemin of SHINee to drop new EP 'Guilty' on Oct. 30
- 김건희 여사, 광주디자인비엔날레 찾아 “문화예술계 육성 의지”