KFCC hosts UN conference for inclusive finance
简介The Korean Federation of Community Credit Cooperatives, the nation’s leading mutual financial instit ...
The Korean Federation of Community Credit Cooperatives, the nation’s leading mutual financial institution, said Tuesday it has successfully hosted a regional workshop in collaboration with the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific last week.
Under the theme of digital inclusion and community development, the two-day event discussed the solutions to achieve Sustainable Development Goals -- a universal call to end poverty and inequality by the UN -- through digital technologies.
It also underscored further cooperation for the Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway, an intergovernmental platform aiming to bridge the digital divide, as an instrument to support the achievements of SDGs Digital.
With a total of 60 participants from 16 countries in the Asia-Pacific region in attendance, the workshop was held at the United Nations Conference Center in Bangkok, Thailand.
During the event, Sim Woo-jong, the director of the International Development Cooperation Team at KFCC, presented its global financial inclusion model for developing countries.
Since 2017, the cooperative has set up branches and promoted financial literacy in countries deprived of financial infrastructure, including Myanmar, Uganda and Laos.
Acknowledged for its official development assistance model contributing to economic growth, KFCC also received the Presidential Award on the 2021 Development Cooperation Day, which celebrates South Korea’s joining the Development Assistance Committee.
“Starting with the regional workshop, KFCC plans to further develop joint research and projects at a community level, under the strategic partnership with international organizations such as UN ESCAP,” said Sim.
Korean Air, South Korea's leading airline, said Wednesday that it has ordered 20 additional Air ...
A new contemporary performance taking place in Seoul gently lulls its audience to sleep.The three-ho ...
Lee Ha-seong, a 31-year-old Seoul-based economic news reporter, has a worry on his mind with the yea ...
Seoul shares start lower ahead of key rate decision
Davichi to return with new single next month
SK chief calls on board members to help CEOs make balanced decisions
US lawmaker submits bill requiring Pentagon report on allies' defense contribution
Hotel chief fined for safety violation in Itaewon tragedy trial
Yoon doubles down on cutting national debt in 2024 budget speech
- Seoul shares up nearly 1 pct on eased concerns over Middle East conflict
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- [Herald Interview] Chile, Korea need to boost global lithium value chain: minister
- NY Met exhibition to mark 25th anniversary of Korean gallery
- Ruling party to launch innovation committee after crushing by
- S. Korea, Latin America to discuss ways to boost trade, ICT cooperation
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met
- '2023 Box Gallery Exhibition' by Youth Impact shows art made of discarded paper
- [Today’s K
- Opposition leader away in court with critics calling for his departure from party
- Posco Future M achieves 100% recycling of refractory waste
- S. Korea, UAE strike bilateral free trade agreement
- Returning minister Yu In
- Andong, serene destination for immersing in traditions
- N. Korea threatens to strike US aircraft carrier
- Seoul defense exhibition aims to boost arms exports
- HD Korea Shipbuilding to build world's first ammonia
- SK chief discusses ICT partnerships with Estonia, Carribean Community
- "당 망치는 응석받이"…안철수, 이준석 제명 서명운동 시작
- [New in Korean] Booker Prize
- Gyeongbokgung entrance platform, new signboard unveiled
- S. Korea entering 'recovery phase' amid geopolitical uncertainties: Choo
- [New on scene] Hong Xa
- [New in Korean] Witches, ecofeminism, climate crisis: Tale of resilience and nature’s power
- BTS' V joined by Jimin in solo fan meeting 'Vicnic'
- Wage talks between Kia, labor union fail again
- TXT shatters records, tops charts with 3rd LP
- [Top Envoy] Russian satellite help not likely priority for North Korea: Chun
- Choo calls for end to protectionism, supply chain recovery during G20 meeting
- 北, 러 주최 국제포럼서 '국제수송' 논의…무기거래 우회로 찾나