Art Busan's unveils galleries, theme for inaugural fair, Define Seoul
简介South Korea's leading art fair, Art Busan, unveiled the theme for its inaugural Seoul art show ...
South Korea's leading art fair, Art Busan, unveiled the theme for its inaugural Seoul art show and design fair, Define Seoul, and announced the list of galleries that will be participating in the event, which will be held on Nov. 1-5 in Seongsu-dong.
"We have cultivated the art fair in Busan for the past 15 years, which is now considered a top art fair in the country. I think we have the know-how and the collectors to run an art fair in Seoul," said Jeong Seok-ho, managing director of Art Busan, at a press conference in Seoul on Tuesday.
Jeong also noted that an art fair that combines fine art and design is unprecedented in Seoul.
Some 25 galleries and design brands from home and abroad will join Define Seoul, including international galleries that specialize in design.
"We found that design brands and galleries have a huge interest in Seoul but did not have many opportunities to take part in an art fair in the city. That is why we will run a lecture program during Define Seoul to offer opportunities for the audiences to learn about the design brands," he added.
Two major umbrella unions in South Korea on Tuesday criticized the government’s latest efforts to br ...
South Korean stocks finished almost flat Wednesday as better-than-expected US retail sales data spar ...
Japan is preparing to take home about 20 South Koreans, along with its own nationals, on a special f ...
- [Herald Interview] Saudi Arabia seeks to engage with world through Diriyah Contemporary Art Biennale
- 500 bird strikes reported in past 5 years: data
- Defense chief, US envoy discuss joint efforts to deter N. Korean threats
- Korea's yakgwa booming on back of ‘newtro’ trend, media coverage
- [Herald Review] Based on true story, 3 boys find justice 16 years delayed in 'The Boys'
- Seoul shares snap 3
- Crowd crush victims forced to cope alone
- Hyundai looks to repeat late founder’s Mideast success with EVs, hydrogen
- 이준석, 유승민과 창당설에 “배제 안 한다…한다면 비례 신당은 아냐”
- Book records testimonies of bereaved families, survivors of Itaewon tragedy
- LG celebrates 1st baseball championship in 29 years with discounts
- Hyundai Motor becomes first brand to sell cars on Amazon
- [Today’s K
- Netflix’s ‘Single’s Inferno’ to return with season 3 in December
- Yoon attends IPEF summit to discuss regional economic collaboration
- Samsung family pays tribute to late founder
- Yoon, Japan's Kishida agree to cooperate in hydrogen sector
- Dancers say Street Woman Fighter 2 made dance more approachable
- 전문가 “북 중거리미사일 고체연료엔진, 러시아 기술 가능성”
- Seventeen’s Dino to release first solo mixtape ‘Wait’ this month
- Snow crabs join bargain for crustaceans
- KB approves of Yang Jong
- SK Telecom CEO shows confidence in AI
- Suneung difficulty rekindles 'killer question' controversy
- Experts to discuss globalized risks at World Health City Forum
- SM to launch boy group in the UK
- Global Kimchi Day declared
- Seoul shares open nearly flat despite US gains
- Samyang post record sales on China's Singles Day
- 윤희숙 "20여년 억대 연봉 송영길이 돈 없다? 못된 버릇 때문"