Experts to discuss globalized risks at World Health City Forum
简介The World Health City Forum, set to take place in Incheon's Songdo Convensia from Monday, is po ...
The World Health City Forum, set to take place in Incheon's Songdo Convensia from Monday, is poised to illuminate the intricate challenges posed by globalized risks in an era shaped by the intricate interplay of pandemics, climate change and economic downturns.
Under the theme "Globalization of risks, how to make the world safer?" the three-day gathering will bring together some 150 distinguished thought leaders, including scholars, government officials and business experts across relevant fields, to deliberate on solutions for what is termed today as "compound globalized risks." The term encapsulates the multifaceted crisis, and underscores urgency of collaborative action from diverse fields.
Jointly hosted by the Health Ministry, Incheon Metropolitan City, Seoul National University, Yonsei University and Ewha Womans University, the forum also aims to come up with a future smart health city model.
Director-General of the World Health Organization Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, former Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon, and experts from various domains will speak at the forum.
Keynote speeches by Ji Young-mi, head of the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency, and Jeremy Rifkin, head of the nonprofit organization The Foundation on Economic Trends, will address strategies for addressing future pandemics and climate crises.
Some 350 flats at Hyundai Engineering & Construction's new apartment complex, Hillstate Gayang ...
Often requiring many hands and hours of labor, gimjang, in which large batches of kimchi are made fo ...
Sitting tall on a cliffside on the Han River, the Korean Catholic Martyrs' Museum is located in ...
- [Today’s K
- Woori Bank establishes Bangladesh regional headquarters
- LG CNS, NYC, AmCham Korea forge partnerships on digital transformation
- [New in Korean] Even in city overrun by mold, humans dream of stars, sunsets
- S. Korea's heavyweights like ex
- South Korea lining up banks to help finance $22 billion arms sale to Poland
School violence drops, drugs among teens surge: police
Blinken redoubles calls for humanitarian pause in Israel
Following an Israeli airstrike, crowded Gaza hospital struggles to treat wounded children
The Beatles release new track ‘Now And Then’ after 27 years thanks to AI
Criminal procedures for foreigners in Korea
Japan returns favor again by flying 15 Korean nationals out of Israel
- Korean doctors see income surge amid intensifying physician shortage
- Gov't to complete vaccination of cattle by Nov. 10 to prevent spread of lumpy skin disease
- [Herald Review] Up
- Israel presses ground campaign against Hamas in 'second stage' of Gaza war
- Mirae Asset ETF to make Chinese debut
- [Today’s K
- SPC Chairman's office searched over alleged unjust labor practices
- Seoul shares open lower ahead of Fed meeting this week
- [사진] “군 초급간부 여건 개선 노력해달라”
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Historian looks back at life dedicated to Korean studies
- [Hello Hangeul] Korean language instructors' working conditions remain subpar
- S. Korean ambassador says stronger Russia
- 尹 “국민, 안보 믿음 가졌을 것”…4000명 장병 동원 행진 주관
- Satellite imagery highlights 'dramatic' increase in N. Korea
- [Herald Interview] Forever is not impossible: Oneus aspires to global reach with 'La Dolce Vita'
- Israeli forces clash with Hamas gunmen after hundreds killed
- Tapas bar explores modern interpretations of kimchi
- [Photo News] Floral Butterfly
- Asiana may ditch cargo business to close Korean Air merger deal
- Orchestra composed of players with visual impairment to perform Oct. 4
- S. Korea sweeps up 2 gold medals at stake in recurve team events
- Questions remain after passage of anonymous birth bill
- S. Korea’s consumer sentiment turns sour in September: BOK index
- Yoon appoints new defense, culture ministers without parliamentary confirmation
- 120,000 more public homes to be supplied by this year
- Hamas surprise attack out of Gaza leaves hundreds dead in fighting, retaliation
- [Herald Review] ‘Carmen’ redefines iconic femme fatale as stalking victim
- Voter interest reaches all
- 보란듯 제재 무시하며 국제법 준수?…김정은 활용하는 푸틴의 속내는
- N. Korean envoy vows stronger 'self