S. Korea logs current account surplus for 4th month in August
简介South Korea logged a current account surplus for the fourth straight month in August on the back of ...
South Korea logged a current account surplus for the fourth straight month in August on the back of a widened trade surplus and increased interest income from overseas, central bank data showed Wednesday.
The country's current account surplus reached $4.81 billion in August, following the surplus of $3.74 billion the previous month, according to preliminary data from the Bank of Korea.
August's surplus came as the country's trade balance has remained in the black for five straight months and interest income has increased.
The country's goods account racked up a $5.06 billion surplus in August, following a $4.44 billion surplus the previous month.
The primary income account, which tracks the wages of foreign workers and dividend payments from overseas and interest income, reported a surplus of $1.47 billion in August, following a $2.92 billion surplus in July, the data showed.
But the services account suffered an extended loss in August, reaching $1.6 billion, the data showed. (Yonhap)
A disability rights advocacy group said Tuesday it will file a complaint with the state human rights ...
Shinhan Financial Group announced Tuesday that it will invest 6.5 billion won ($4.82 million) into H ...
Seoul beckons local and global esports fans with esports-friendly attractions during the annual Leag ...
YouTuber suspected of livestreaming after taking drugs
[Herald Interview] Singer
낙후된 골목시장 누비며 “화곡을 마곡으로 만들 것”
Jungkook becomes first Korean soloist to log 2 songs in Top 5 of Billboard's Hot 100
Hotel chief fined for safety violation in Itaewon tragedy trial
Performing Arts Market to link local artists to world
- Yoon meets disgraced ex
- McDonald's Korea to increase prices of 13 items next week
- Revamped 'Sister Act' with diverse cast gets ready for international premiere
- Jeonju offers self up as destination for fall reading retreat
- SK Innovation joins hands with Fiji for mangrove restoration
- 여권 ‘TK 지지율’ 비상…오늘 서울 오는 박근혜에 주목
- 윤 대통령, 4박 6일 사우디·카타르 순방 마치고 귀국
- Prestige Biopharma eyes complete value chain
- Mirae Asset Securities names Kim Mi
- Korean beef prices, poultry shares soar as cattle disease spreads
- Incheon Airport passenger traffic to recover during Chuseok holiday
- "KTX 꼭 타보고 싶다" 했던 김정은 "만족한 합의"…뭐길래
- 합의문도 없는 희한한 북·러 정상회담…결국 비즈니스 관계였나
- 한동훈, 체포안 설명 8분 넘기자…“짧게 합시다” “왜 이리 시끄럽냐”
- FSS issues advisories to fisheries cooperatives federation for W50b investment loss
- 야당 29명 반란, 이재명 방탄 뚫렸다
- [이번 주 리뷰]美 Fed 기준금리 동결…이재명 체포동의안 가결(18~23일)
- [Herald Review] Up
- [Herald Interview] Chung Ji
- Retail sales up 9.5 pct in Sept. on strong online demand
- Han Kang's 'I Do Not Bid Farewell' shortlisted for two French literary awards
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Historian looks back at life dedicated to Korean studies
- US needs 'strategic clarity' on North Korea deterrence: report
- Gov't to complete vaccination of cattle by Nov. 10 to prevent spread of lumpy skin disease
- US, China agree to work towards Biden
- Israel presses ground campaign against Hamas in 'second stage' of Gaza war
- [Bills in Focus] Fighting trade theft, reinforcing depositor protection
- Plush bag charms in high demand among young Korean women
- Korean doctors see income surge amid intensifying physician shortage
- ‘Cenozoic Life’ to open 49th Seoul Independent Film Festival